Saturday, October 5, 2002

September 9

I¨M LEAVING!!! Goodbye North, Ocean Breeze, Marina, Rain Drops, Candalaria, Sector La Marina. Hello South, Campo, Trees, spring, Sector Pitrufquen!!!
I´m being transferred to the furthest south we go. Funny because right now I´m as north as we go so it will be quite the change. I leave tomorrow. I´m not sure how long the bus is but probably like 5 or 6 hours. My new companion is Hermana Hernan- at least that´s what I heard from the Latinas. She´s another gringa and I hear she´s great! I also hear it´s beautiful and getting nice and warm. By the way today I have only one layer on-- :O   I will let you know all about it! 
This week I found out that it´s a law that we have a Chile flag outside for the 18th! We better buy a flag! lol. They also said it wasn´t enforced so I´m not too worried! We´ve also had some people tell us we´re all creatures or that we´re all devils. Of course the missionaries are angels... yet they still don´t listen to us. hmm where have I heard that story before? 
I learned a little bit of the national dance- la cueca but I need to practice a lot more if I´m going to be ready for the 18th! 
I haven´t received my package yet but I´m sure soon. I also haven´t heard about problems at all for packages to Chile so don´t fret. We have the mission home where the president lives and the mission office. The mission office looks like a church and has a sign in the front. No it doesn´t look like whatever you saw on mapquest. As far as organization we carry around our planners with us everywhere we go all still paper down here. 
We haven´t started our English class yet- slackers I guess you could say but I´d rather not think of it like that we just put other things above that! I´ll go see if there´s one in Pitrufquen. 
Thanks for your letters! I love you! 
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment