Thursday, July 24, 2014

June 9, 2014

Happy Aniversary Haaaappy Aniversary
Way to go grandma. I am so proud of you walking around the temple. I miss those walks around the temple. It sure does make a difference when walking...
If you ever get tired just remember what the pioneers do. They walk and walk and walk and walk. However, don't ever worry about taking a break to pass out a few pass along cards or to share your testimony with your non lds neighbors, knock a few doors, sing a few hymns.. Making up a few of the words, laugh at the silliness of the world or simply smile to know you're not a part of it. With time, you'll get to your destination.
So last week I started explaining my day to day life to mom and so I’ll try to finish it up a little more today.. You’ll have to ask her for the beginning.
.....
So then I rise and break into some heavy heat p90x exercise. We try to do some sort of mixture that consists of some half jumping jacks (not because I’m lazy thank you. the ceiling just isn't tall enough) some lunges and sometimes some crunches on the bed. Sometimes I use that green string for my arms... I use to do like a hundred in all directions and I’m now at a good 10 lifts before dying. I’ve noticed that the majority of our ejercicio we can do in our slippers and yet it still wears me out so... we also do great zumba including hula dancing to give said the little stream. Sometimes we'll go for a nice run but by the time we get up and dressed it's more like a 5 min jog around the block... which tends to be sufficient.
That brings us to about 7:45 when one of us pops into the shower... oh sorry I forget to be descriptive. That's when I turn on the estufa (if it's not already on) with a few good banging clicks and a mouth full of gas we start heating up the room. (Sometimes I take this action right when I get up to wake up my companion as we first have companion prayer and then individual prayer).
...
Okay that is going to have to be continued. Because I have to tell you about the storm we had the other night. Saturday night. Oh my the entire house was shaking! I don't think I’ve ever been awoken because of a storm before! So therefore this was quite the storm. It was just pounding POUNDING. I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake or the wind but me and my companion just .. well I would say talked but it was more of a raised voice conversation as we tried to decide if we should call all of our investigadores right then instead of in the morning to remind them about church because they would already be awake and scared for their lives.
The people here get very scared in storms. Although I must admit I did have my plan of action in my head just in case the storm did get bigger and our roof flew off. It was quite a few steps I would have had to go through ... the last of which was grabbing my emergency backpack. lol. Really I was just thanking the lord that he sent the storm in the night and that we weren't outside trying to knock in it.
I LOVE YOU ALL! Have a FANTASTIC week!
Hey did you all watch that video? You can do it tonight for fhe...
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment