Tuesday, May 28, 2002

May 27

HOLA!
This has been a great week. well sort of. I´m finally getting the hang of things and we are trying to work super hard! Today- no beach because it´s raining buckets quite literally but you know you can´t be a missionary without a little rain. It´s just part of the experience. I wanted to find some rainboots today but I don´t think we have time. I´ll have to wait for next week. 
I´m glad everything is well at home and that the grass is almost ready. It´s wierd to think it´s so warm there. I didn´t even know it was memorial day. That´s always a fun holiday- kind of- for us anyway. It reminds me that spring is here. well not here but you know what i mean. 
it says 50 or 60 degrees. I don´t beleive it. I wear everything I own everyday but we are literally right on the cost. Did you ever look it up on the map. I´m right on the little hook of san pedro as far as you can go. our ward goes from the river to the ocean. pretty sweet but I never get to see it because it´s flat and kindof like a cliff so I´d actually have to walk to the end and there aren´t many investigators over there. sadly
The president cut our time to 45 min so i don´t have much time.
so for the details of my week. One of our baptisms fell because he doesn´t want to live the sabath day. He has to work. But he´s so willing to do everything else and continue until he can get baptised. So we are going to teach him about faith and have him close his store this sunday and then we´ll fast and pray a whole bunch. haha. We have another baptism date that someone found during zone attack so that will be good to meet with her. 

Thanks for finally getting my coat. haha. Thanks for the pictures too. I love showing people pictures of my family because i love you all so much! now I know why parents do that with their children all of the time. haha. And I get to show everyone the picture of my sister and her husband just sealed for time and all eternity. That picture marks the scripture for sealing and the picture of the family marks the scripture for pray in your families. I´m a little disappointed we don´t have a picture of me and dad at my baptism. how strange. 
I love you all! 

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment