Saturday, October 5, 2002

September 30

Wahoo! We had our baptism and confirmation this week! I love this family. Super awesome. We are going to work with him so he can get the priesthood soon and then become branch president and then his kids will grow up and go on missions and he’s going to be mission president and it’s just going to be great!!!

So I don’t think I told you but I am working with plan Alma now that I’m in a branch with 6 missionaries. So we are working with less actives and recent converts. The thing is they just made changes to the plans and so now we can also work with investigators if we find them. And the other people can work with the inactives if they find them. The thing is, it’s a great great great plan that would work super well but I think there’s just too much pride. Before others would turn in complete families to us and we would give them our investigators but now they only give us the less actives it’s just a race to find the family home first. But moral of the story is I do a lot of work with inactives and the conversos, but I like it a lot because I’m excited to help lots of people work toward the priesthood and the temple. We always focus on the men. Men men men because we need priesthood to get a temple here so we contact all the men ever but the problem is they never make it to that point. Just baptism. So anyways. The work is progressing

I’m so glad Tate is doing so well in his concerts and dances. I want to see some pictures!
I haven’t heard about the ski resorts but I know there are some. Some people took little trips to the ¨snow¨¨ also I didn’t know we had a rugby team here. No one talks about it. I didn’t know dad played rugby in college.... but I kind of remember saying that the last time I found out. My memory is as bad as moms sometimes. LOL. I’m just kidding mom. I´m just walking in your every footstep and I like it.

Thanks for cleaning the church! That is such a big help! I wish we had people to clean our chapel! Really bad actually. I almost just started crying because of how great that would be if a family came to the church to clean. lol!

Love you all to the moon and back!

Hermana VandeMerwe


No comments:

Post a Comment