Friday, November 8, 2002

October 7

I Love conference! I think I actually go through a depression when it´s over. It´s like better than Christmas and it´s a great jump start for missionaries to be able to invite people to come listen to a prophet this very weekend. You know just mix it up a little. There was a lot to get out of this conference but I personally learned a lot about following the spirit through humility and knowledge and of course obedience. There is nothing that a missionary could need more than the promptings and love of the spirit.
We listened to conference in Spanish. They sometimes have it in English I think but they had a hard time getting the satellite for Spanish so I don’t think they cared about English at that point. It’s alright though. I think the only voice I missed the most was elder Holland of course. Also we didn’t get to watch the women’s conference because they couldn’t {t get the satellite in time. sad.
Conference was super awesome. It’s funny cause when we watch it at home I feel like I’m in the conference center like they’re all so close but this time I felt so super far away. It was weird seeing motab and feeling like I had to stretch my ears to hear them.  I did loved singing called to serve picturing everyone in the world singing it at the same time in their own language including my family dressed in their Sunday best at home.
I hope you all listen to the prophet and continue to help the missionaries in a bigger way than ever. This work is seriously impossible to do by ourselves and the only time I have ever said ¨wow, this is hard¨ is when I didn’t have the help of the ward. The church is designed to help the individual person because God loves us all individually. I know more than ever how important visiting teaching and home teaching are. The best way to help the missionaries is with the work. I would give up lunch every day of the week if you would just go do your visits. I´m excited to hear about your missionary experiences! Just think Tate could baptize them all before he even leaves for the mish! And don’t wait until Christmas! People need the gospel now! Also we totally stayed for the priesthood session. What? It was perfect for missionaries in every which way and I learned more about how to teach during that than in any of the other sessions. I’m excited to study deep into the articles of faith. I hope you are too!
So the place that I’m in now isn’t dangerous at all. It’s a cute town surrounded by fields and I still love it and we can take out the camera. Ha-ha. A lady in the ward does our laundry and we still and always will have 4 sisters now here in Pitrufquen. The work is growing! The other two are from Mexico and Paraguay. Hermana Orosco y Hermana Leon. It’s getting warmer but just kind of sporadic- I never know what I should wear. But I have broken into my spring apparel for 2 of the days. I don’t think I’m going to like the heat as a missionary to be honest. Being outside in that is not fun. I’d rather just buddle up.

So... big news!! We bought a house! YUP! Okay we found another house because ours is too small... I feel funny saying that. We’re not very humble I guess. But the new house is great! It’s huge! And super cute. It looks just like a cabin. I’ll take pictures of the inside when we move in in about 10 days.
Love you all so much! For real!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment