Friday, November 8, 2002

October 14


Hello Family! Thanks so much for the pictures!!! I set some your way as well. Brockton freaks me out a little bit. He’s like spitting image of dad. I never realized before.
This week we had interviews with our president. That was fine. lol. It was good. He’s a very insightful person. Very very. He just needs to see you and knows exactly what you need and what is going on. If you're happy or sad if you like your companion if you’re having success. So it was good. And yes I’m doing great. I know you were wondering.
This week we had an activity with the branch. Hermana Horan and I did some minute to win it games and we played do you love your neighbor. Sav you have great ideas. We’re always saying how activities in the US aren’t {t like this at all. We don’t just get together and play games but we always have so much fun and the people love it. I’ pretty sure they do Halloween the same way. It’s a very American holiday so I think they do it the same just not to the extreme.
We also found some new investigators this week. One of them is this old man whose 81 but he’s so spry and amazing and I’m determined to baptize him. So we’ll be looking out for him. The problem is soon he leaves for 10 days to go take care of his brother. I’m telling you, he is sweet. So full of the spirit already just because of his love and the service that he gives and the good he sees in everyone.
Today we went bowling and I looked for new shoes. All my shoes are goners. I’m not sure if I should have you send some to me or not cause I look around but it’s hard to find some that are comfy and won’t fall apart. I found some sketchers but they were a size to big so I didn’t think it was worth it to buy them but maybe you could go find some ugly sister mish shoes I don’t really care what they look like they just need to last longer than a week. And I figure it’s better to buy some good shoes than $10 shoes every week. lol. I did buy some shoes and they literally lasted one week. my oh my. I’ll look again next week if we have time to come to Temuco (the nearest big city) but we probably won’t.
My companion is AMAZING! I love her so super much but she’s most likely leaving next week. But we often talk about Disneyland. It comes up about once a day. Usually with the weather or time of day. ¨this is perfect Disneyland weather-ya until the sun goes down and then it gets “chile” And you won´t believe this but she has had the strawberry bisque that I always talk about! Because she went on the same cruise! CRAZY
There are two other missionaries in the house. One speaks English really well and the other understands a little and can say some but really no. So we talk Spanish when we’re with them but when it´s just us we speak English. But we always pray in Spanish. Our church building is an actual building and super nice. It depends on how much priesthood we have to make it turn into a ward. We don’t have much. our elders quorum president is like 85 and his councilors are the elders....
I love and miss you all!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment