Friday, November 8, 2002

October 21

Good morning starshine! Transfers were today but we have no changes. I’m still with Hermana Horan in Pitrufquen. Wahoo! Another 6 weeks here and I was thinking I’s likely I’ll be here for Christmas as well but you never know. Transfers are so funny. They´re like the closest thing we have to a soap opera for missionaries.
This week my comp was sick so we had some time in the house. It’s kind of a bummer but I enjoyed my time getting caught up in the Book of Mormon. I´ve been really lucky not to get sick at all.
Lol. I just looked over at the wall of the internet cafe that we’re in and there’s one of our pass along cards. Those things are seriously everywhere. Even the members have them hanging up in their houses.
We had a brother and sister come to church this week. They are hilarious. We pretty much just invite them to things and they always say yes. It’s like they just already know they have to do it but to be honest we’ve never even had a full first lesson with them because he’s usually solo so we just invite him to family home evenings and stuff.  He’s like 21 and his sister is 19. We found some other new people this week so I hope they progress!
I’m not sure when we’re moving. The house is ready. The mission is a bit slower. So we’lll see. I’m thinking this week if all goes as planned. That will be nice because I’m starting to go crazy. We just have piles of things because there’s no other place to put them and the other two sisters are still living out of their suitcases.
We did some more shopping for skirts and clothes today. My comp got a skirt but I didn’t find anything. It’s kind of expensive- we just have to take turns lucking out at the ropa americana' -- American clothes. It’s like the DI. Probably where the DI sends all of their clothes actually. haha.
Oh also today we ran into Elder Morley at the food court of the mall so we had lunch with them. That was fun. Talked about how we had Spanish class together in the 7th grade and even when to Spanish festival together. Now look at us! lol.
Love you all so much!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment