Monday, December 23, 2002

December 16

It feels like Christmas!

Whew! What a week. We had our Christmas conference. It’s really funny because we were all preparing the night before like what we're going to wear and trying to find something close to Christmassy and then laughing at ourselves for getting so excited over a conference. lol. But that was our Christmas for us so I guess it's okay. lol. I'm still not sure what we're going to do here for Christmas but it's in the works. So the conference was good. President gave us all pillows... but I already bought my own so. Now I have two! Wahoo! But they have a cute pillowcase with the mission emblem. Every zone put together a thing to present and that was fun to see. Our zone did a dance to the Gloria song that's like instrumental.. Mainly because it's what we had on our phone and also to a song in Spanish for Christmas! It was fun to put together. I'd send you the video but my camera got stolen so... but don't worry about it. I’m already over it. I’ll probably end up buying another one when I feel the need just so that I have some memory of my mission. Speaking of which. Can you make sure that all of the photos I’ve sent you are saved super good. I know there's not a ton but they're all I have so if you could do that that would be very nice of you.

What else this week. I went on an intercambio to maquehue. That was fun. Usually when we do intercambios  I stay in my own sector for some reason and I hate it lol but it was a good day over there in the hills.
We had a little going away party noche de hogar for Hermana Orozco who went home yesterday. It was really good to see her leave happy and with good advice but she was also good to live with. She helped me keep the other missionaries in line. lol. i'm just kidding....
Elder Reyes also went home yesterday. It kind of broke my heart because he has really been a leader that has actually made me a better missionary. I'm convinced that he stayed long enough to be my leader and that the only reason he went home is because he knew what he was doing. And you can't be a missionary if you know what you're doing. But he should be able to get better operations there in the US so hopefully everything will be okay!

So... i may or may not have opened a few things from my packages... hehe.  I just couldn't wait. But I love all of the shoes from Grandma y Grandpa!!! Thanks so much! They are sure to last for the rest of my mission! sin duda! Also I opened a very cute skirt! I love it love it LOVE IT! I've been dying for new skirts! So thank you!! It rides up a little because I think you've forgotten that I told you I’ve gained  just a little weight here on the mission... but I wore it anyway AND today we went to some hill hike thing as a zone AND I wore my jeans! So i think I’m finally leveling out again. Still quite tight but buttoning. You won't even see the difference on navidad!

I sent your Christmas package yay! It’s not as cool as I wish but it's still a little something from my home. The things that aren't wrapped are for sav rich tate y brock. Sorry mom and dad cause i didn't have time to make more. I’m  just kidding I totally didn’t make them. They just didn't have more to buy.  Anyway! Hope you get it in time for Christmas!

I love you all!
Feliz Navidad!
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment