Saturday, December 21, 2002

December 9

Well you might have snow over there but we have baptisms over here so. 
Actually we have no one with a date right now but I believe in miracles! 

My new comp, Hermana Godinez is FATASTIC! She is from Guatemala and I know that we are going to see a lot of miracles together. She has about 4 months on the mission but she knows why she is here and has a lot of love for everyone. I'm really excited to learn from her. Plus it will be good to finally be able to practice my Spanish... day and night- lol. 

The whole 5 hermanas in the house is just fine. It’s just funny having all of our suitcases in the kitchen and having to move the fan to get to different places. But really I haven't noticed that it's bad at all. It’s just kind of how we live. Our house is probably about the size of my apartment but with more room in the living room and less room in the bedrooms. 
lol. I haven't have time to read all the letters yet. But sounds like that Tate is quite the popular guy. I hope he settles down a little bit because there is no such thing as popular in the mission. 
Okay that might be a lie... I’m kind of popular too over here in Chile but amongst the common folk is all. 
This week we really worked well. We found lots of new investigators and I really felt my testimony growing as if I could see a little meter that fills up in different areas. My testimony has been strengthened in key areas many through experiences that I’d rather not have but nonetheless, apparently I’m not just here for other people. I've still got a lot to learn myself. 
LIke when we had a golden family that we can't see any more because the dad got mad. Or when the wife of a true potential told us not to come back. I learned that not only is it hard to progress without your family. You literally can't progress without your family. 
I've learned that you're simply happier when you read the scriptures from seeing the miserable state of others when they aren't reading compared to when they are. The happy state of those that keep the commandments.
My testimony of fasting was strengthened yet again as we did a fast with a menos activo so that she could stop smoking. She's been trying to stop smoking for a very long time and her confidence was low that she would ever be able to making her fall into deep depression. We finally did one simple sacrifice one day and she hasn't smoked since. I remember when she opened the door the first day we went to check on her with a huge smile on her face and bright clothes with a yellow headband. Small things bring to pass great things.
I learned that we should all have the hunger and the obedience of a child. We could baptize any kid on the street if we really wanted to. This week we found a menos activo in the street who wanted nothing more to do with the church but her dad told us week could take his grandchild to church (her son) he begged her to let him go and to come with him telling her " please mom, I want to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ" with his hands clasped and his voice sincere. 
Liken yourself unto a child. 

This week we have our mission Christmas conference. YAY! Every once in a while I get that bust of Christmas spirit when I see the trees in the houses or the lights in central Pitrufquen. It feels like when we go to Hawaii for Christmas and it's warm but yet Christmas is in the air. 
Oh Dad, can you send me the recipe for oatmeal cookies that are soft please? They make these oatmeal cookies here that really aren't that good. They’re like making a granola bar and we put it with jam or something. There is a menos activo who wants it and I thought I had it but I don't. So that would be great! 
Well that’s all I’ve got for now! 
Love you!

Merrry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment