Saturday, December 21, 2002

December 2

Cambios are here! Hermana Horan is leaving. I'm really bummed about that cause we worked really well together and I learned a lot from her. My new companion is Hermana Godinez or something like that. I'll I've heard about her is that she's from Uruguay and she has a little less time than I do. We are also bringing Hermana Wiegal into the mix. She got her with me and she is going to be in a trio for two weeks until Hermana Orosco goes. So that means 5 Hermanas in the house that should be for 2. Whew that will be fun.  Our landlord  is building a new house. I think she got scared when we told her we were going to leave. But now we just have to wait until supposedly mid- January. 

This week for thanksgiving we got together with the zone and ate a nice dinner of Chicken and potatoes. All for you Brock. We did pretty well I must say. Bought a bunch of rotisserie chickens. Someone made some jello. We had corn and even cheese cake for dessert. Oh and gravy. It was super fun. This has been a really fun zone and at thanksgiving we went around and said what we were thankful for. It was a good way to invite the spirit. I'm very thankful for Thanksgiving. 
Your thanksgiving sounded super great! I'm glad you had fun together as a family and I hope you made a list of all the things you are grateful for.

The next day we had a conference with an Elder from the 70. He talked a lot about repentance and having a testimony for ourselves. That we can't teach it until we know it. It's very true. I'm trying hard to deepen my testimony of all of the principles so I can teach them with more power and have more of a desire for them to know if for themselves. As far as repentance. That is a very hard thing to do but every once in a while we need a self-evaluation to really find what we can do to come unto Christ. 

However you know what conference means? Packages!!!! I received 2 the one from Savannah and Richard and the one from the Family. To be honest I haven't opened them yet cause I was waiting for today and then haven't had the time yet but I’m going right now and I’m excited! Sorry I haven't opened it to tell you how much I love whatever it is but I’m sure I’ll love it and I’ll tell you about it next week! 
How is 3rd Nephi coming along?

So the bad news of the week is that Elder Reyes went back to Santiago and it has been confirmed that he has lost his vision permanently. He's decided to stay on the mission which I’m really happy about. He is a great example of valiance and for putting the Lord before anything else. 
I'm really sad to hear about Aunt Judi. I will for sure be praying and fasting for her. Please keep me updated and keep up the faith. Bring forth actions of your faith and we will see miracles as a family. 
So do we have just 2 elders in our ward now or how many missionaries do we have in the stake? As in serving there? That's pretty cool we even have missionaries in sacrament meeting. We never have missionaries in our meetings! 

Continue reading 3rd Nephi and sharing the gospel with everyone! Go above and beyond what you normally would to bring someone to Christ this Christmas! I love and miss you all! Can't wait to talk with you soon! 
Love, 

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment