Sunday, February 23, 2014

January 20, 2014

Well we just had a great week of walking around the Christmas tree. They still light it up :) but really we are looking for new people to teach.  We've found some great people. The hardest thing is always getting them to the church on Sunday.

This week we have really put a focus on Alexis, the nephew of Carolina and Reinaldo so that he can be baptized. His twin brother is living with them now as well and soon both will be in their custody so we are putting a big focus on them so they can be baptized. They are so awesome. Well Bydon, his brother just needs to learn more and admit that he wants to be baptized. Alexis has a few trials to overcome but he has a desire to be baptized and he does everything. Comes to church on Sunday, goes to seminary, comes with us to visit people, goes to Family Home evenings, reads his scriptures, they recently started doing family prayer. sigh... I love that family!! So we are going to make them complete!

I am still loving my area! Sometimes it's a little stressful because you see so many changes good and bad and also you feel like you know everyone and every place that there’s much more you can do but I’m trying to realize how much I do know so we can apply what works and get rid of what doesn't. I'm still with Hermana Godinez as well! :) This is my second transfer with her. There are still 4 of us in our apartment. They are both the same too. No one left for transfers except some of the elders in our zone. And we got 2 new sisters in our zone! This zone used to be so small but we already have 2 new companionships. Growing so fast!
I'm not sure if we're moving soon. I’ll let you know if we do.
Thanks for the valentines! I think they do celebrate that here!
I would be happy to bring Grandma something. I'm living off of bread right now but as soon as I have money again at the beginning of the month I’ll be sure to think of her. I'm just kidding mom. Don’t worry. I have Nutella as well. We played soccer co-ed but seeing as that we're missionaries there wasn't much contact so no need to worry Grandpa!
The temperature is just kind of crazy. Changing from hot to rain to hot to rain but hot is like 90s not like Emily or Eliza in Brazil! so I’m not complaining.
I haven’t received a package yet from Jan and Martha but I do receive that letters from Janie! She is amazing! Seriously every week! I am never without mail when the mailman comes. Thank you thank you thank you Janie! Oh and I wrote her a letter today. But I’m going to send it next week.. Oh the process.
I love you!!
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment