Sunday, February 23, 2014

January 27, 2014

I believe in almost miracles.  And Miracles too but those take a lot more time. Miracles aren't just spur of the moment magic, they're been in the making since the beginning and are a result of a lot of work and a lot of faith. So really every step that leads to a miracle is a miracle in and of itself.
We are preparing for a baptism miracle for this 8 de Febrero. We have worked super hard with Alexis. He is the nephew of Carolina and Reinaldo who lives with them but couldn't be baptized before because he didn't have permission from his dad and after that we had to work with him with other temptations and really trust in the spirit in every lesson. I really have loved helping him because I have been able to feel the spirit saying things that I never thought I would tell an investigator. I could really feel myself learning as I said things that I didn't even know to teach about the importance of our families, our purpose here on the earth and our potential to become like God. I've seen the Lord really cut him down to heart ache and to something that many wouldn't be able to bare but Alexis is strong and has a faith unbreakable and knows he needs to be baptized. The Lord really knows the needs of his children, he knows what they can handle and what they need to hear. I know that each one of us has a purpose here, and a potential so much greater than we could ever understand. I know that we are strong. Our spirits are strong. Our spirits lived with God before we were born here and that we have the power and strength to overcome the trials and temptations of the world and our bodies. Our spirits know what is right and have the desire to do nothing but that.
I know that we have families here to help us, to help us feel love, to help us learn how to love. I know that the family is the most important social unit here in this earth and for eternity. The home is a place where we can learn together and as I study about the importance of a family and the importance of learning together I can't stop thinking about the significance of the revelation that "the home is the new MTC". I want to extend the invitation for all of you to start more than ever to make our home a place where we can learn of the prophets, apply the words of the prophets, teach it to one another and to the rest of the world. I hope you can all study together the roles that you have in the home to learn how to share the gospel and to put it into action. Mom and Dad I hope you can do everything to help the boys learn and apply the importance of the gospel and missionary work now so that they can be prepared and worthy young men that can serve that Lord with all their heart, might, mind and strength. Tate and Brockton I invite you to prepare in the same way that you will serve, prepare with all your heart, might, mind and strength. Understand your potential as sons of God and the power of the priesthood that you have. Understand why missionary work is the greatest and grandest work you could ever do. As a family I hope you can live with the spirit at all moments, that our home can forever be a place where the spirit can dwell and give revelation and guidance. I hope you can share your testimonies with actions and words with everyone. The only way this gospel can bring us true happiness is if we share it with others.

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment