Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 3, 2014

Yay! A great week. I hope you had a great birthday DAD!
Well we are now definitely in .. I don't know what. It’s not summer so it must be fall. I'm hoping to have time to buy rain boots today (again) they like to break. Too bad mine from home weigh like 20 lbs and I couldn't bring them because I like those ones a lot! Keep them safe.
We had interviews with President this week which is always fun... lol. No but really he's awesome because even though you already know the answer to all of your problems, he helps you know how you can apply it better. Wouldn't that be nice if we had someone like that for our whole life? Yay mission. Life gone easy.
Alexis is progressing just great and we are planning the baptism. His favorite song is families can be together forever because that is the first hymn he  heard so we will play that somehow... and I think his aunt and another joven will talk. We are super excited!
Okay questions from last week.. Sorry I didn't have time to read before
Our Church starts at 10:00... LOL! There’s only one rama that meets in our building.
The elders go to Concepcion on Friday so we'll see if the package is there.
There are lots of new missionaries in our zone. It’s funny because when I came we were pretty much all gringos. So much that we pretty much did our meetings in English and then it changed to all latinos and  now it's back to all gringos... I don't know if president does that on purpose or not.
We don't have an oven. Nor have I ever heard of a missionary home with an oven. However we are moving for sure soon! Okay nothing is for sure until it happens but hopefully. And our new home has a nice wood burning stove. Sweet. We cook sometimes as a zone in the church. Like today we made... I’m not sure. An elder from Argentina made some type of meat... and sometimes on other pdays we go to members houses and learn how to make bread, calzonos rotos, and pi de limon.
I read Emily’s letters every now and then. Ya she has it rough and is really killing it over there! Baptizing queen! She's kind of my role model. However over here in Chile we've got it easy. Plenty of cats to get the mice if you get what I’m saying. haha. The only thing that has been an actual problem is the fleas. They are not fun.
Keep up the family home evenings every week! There is nothing I love more than to do family home evenings here with the people... some missionaries say it's cause of the food at the end but for me there is an amazing feeling that comes as a family sings together in their cozy home by the riverside.
How is Aunt Judi? And the rest of the fam, Sierra and Annie? Keep me updated!

I love you all. Have a great great week!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment