Thursday, April 24, 2014

March 17, 2014

I don't want to go home... but I miss You you know!
So I totally forgot that today was green day. I know. And I’m not wearing green right now but I will go change before we go out tonight just so that I know personally that I’m safe. We remembered with some of the other missionaries but no one pinched each other. I think because none of us had green so we had to just let it go.

This week was a busy one. We always seemed to be staying up late like every night and do this and that during the day. We've had to plan a lot for church like talks and lectures and also a discourse for a conference and then we sang at a baptism Saturday. Oh that's a funny story. I totally forgot the tune to the song something about the holy ghost from the child’s hymn book anyways.. I had to sing first so I just started singing making up my own tune until I remembered it... loll! I don't think anyone noticed because they don't know all of the songs that well... plus I’ve had lots of practice making up songs with Savannah so it worked out. But it was pretty funny in the moment to just start singing a random tune to some words in front of a bunch of people. Haha.
We are teaching a lot of really cool families right now and it's so much fun! One family is Adventist but very open to listening to us. It's a little funny cause they go to church and then come home and listen to us so we have to make sure we nicely help them understand that what they just heard isn't all the way true. But it makes a good challenge for us and it helps me learn a lot because what we know is just so so true!!! It just makes sense especially when you hear about another beliefs.
We also helped one of the yw leaders with an activity of fruit art competition. That was a fun service... just cutting up and dipping fruit.
So. i haven't heard anything about Easter. When is that? Oh i did look it up one day. Like the middle of April right? ya... we have a while yet before people start talking about that lol. They’re funny people here. Looks like you found my ward building. Our house is on padre hurtado 672. It should be on there! I feel like lots of the cities here are just cities tucked away in green. But Los Angeles is big compared to others.
It’s pretty much autumn here. We’ve got the cool breeze but warms up a little in the day. The trees are coloring and the leaves are falling. But it's just the begining stages.
We had the opportunity to teach about faith and miracles and how the miracles are the fruit of our faith that starts out as a small seed. But really "miracles are the natural result of the correct application of true principles." We need to grow our tree to get the fruit. Miracles don't come from seeds, they come from trees. So when you look in your heart i hope you can see a tree! A really really big tree!
I love you all so much! Hope your week is AMAZING!
Love
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment