Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 14, 2014

Tu me has dado muchas bendiciones Dios
Por eso quiero dar tambien segun tu voz

GREAT WEEK!!!
Okay well. The week was just like any other. Saturday was a bunch of walking to the point where I actually just got tired of knocking doors. I just wanted to talk to someone but no one would answer. Well we just kept knocking. Then Sunday I slipped my last $ into the fast offerings envelop even though we still have 3 more weeks to go this month. and then we walked to our sector to knock doors of those that said they'd come to church with us but just as every other Sunday we walked back empty handed just as they are about to sing the opening hymn. We got to the sacramental hymn and all of a sudden mi compañera said ¨look¨ I looked over to the shut door of the chapel and in the window I saw jaquelene y oscar fonseca! I was so thrilled! We have been working with them since I first got to Cañete and this was their first time to church. I felt like I tripped over my companion and fell to the door to welcome them inside. We sat down again and my eyes just filled with water (gracias to praying for the gift of tears .lol). Gosh you would think they already got baptized with how happy I was! But every next step is one step closer. I feel so so so thankful that our padre celestial can change hearts and that he can work miracles all in his time.

You want to know how we did it? Well they obviously already knew that we wanted them to come to church. So I tried to take it the way that Dad has taught me and sit back. We didn't really mention it for the last few visits and this week we just left an invitation to church on their door Saturday morning. God is incredible.

Our president of the branch was reading the churches statements about abortions and gay marriage. After saying that men and women should be legally married. Someone’s phone went off of the beginning of celebrate good times " do do do do do do do do WaHOO!!"

This week we were able to have another conference with our president. He is super great! And he is from Arizona. The best part is that suddenly we get American food at our conferences. Like alfredo and cinnamon rolls. I about just died.

We also had an intercambio with the sister capicitatores. She made a comment about my family and I realized how many comments I have received about my family since I’ve been here. Other then you all being tall blonde and beautiful... these are a few I remember.

"la familia de hermana van es loca" Hermana Moscoso after mother’s day 2013
"Have you always been so obedient? Your parents must have had a lot of trust in you... *confuzed* they must love you!" my personal favorite. january 2014
I can tell what your family must be like. Just like you... but a whole bunch of them". After looking at the calendar of my family! lol

I love you all and wish you the best week ever!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment