Thursday, July 24, 2014

June 23, 2014

And I could live like this forever. It's fine by me.
And my Dutch blood with conquer the Chileans. And so I was sent here. We got to watch the game today! wahoo! Honestly the people here don't really freak out that much about the games here. It’s kind of sad. but as I was watching the game I noticed that even those that had paid a thousand dollars to go to the game were just like, "clap.... clap." so I don't know what people want. That was a pretty important game though. Did you guys all see it!?
I finally realized why I can handle the rain... apparently it's what our family has been doing forever. As mom explained lagoon to me. I just thought of all the times we did the same thing in Disneyland. Pretty sure it rained in Holland... England... pretty much everywhere it goes it rains. I guess we go in the off seasons... haha. But who would have thought that all of that would be preparation for the mission? That's right. We don't let the rain get us down! Bring on the rain!
As far as the light goes... i don't really have any ideas.
When I think of light, I think of truth. When I think of truth I think of studying because well... we can't be saved in ignorance.
I also think of the hymn "la luz de la verdad" and how at the very beginning of my mission my trainer did some example of how with a little flashlight there's little light and therefore not that much truth, but with a big flashlight there is more truth. ... I didn't get it at all. And therefore I’ve hated the song ever since. I’m not sure if it's because I just didn't get it or if it's because it was in Spanish...
I also think about the stars which is dumb. I should thing about the sun. Guess I still have lots to learn....
This week we had no one at church.. Again. There was also "rain" (really just a light mist). I use that as an excuse because everyone else does. Usually on Saturday as we're outside fighting the billowing water tempest we say a prayer asking God to send it even harder enough for Sunday as well so that it doesn't have to rain the next day and then we promise that it won't slow us down and that we will work with all diligence just so that there is no rain on Sunday morning.
Brock and Tate and Richard.. and dad I guess to really just all of you but it reminds me of brocks story. ...
So this week. I’m just there cooking away... we like to eat eggs. They are fast and easy. Anyway. All of a sudden a fire erupts in our kitchen. And I start yelling "there's a fire. There’s a fire!" lol. It really wasn't big at all it was just kind of hilarious. There were like two nights before when we were cooking at our eyes kind of started to hurt.. but no big deal just quickly finish and turn off the gas. Well I guess this night the gas leak decided to erupt right on top of our pile of matches. Just a foot away from our tank of gas. Luckily we've got some pretty fast missionary ninja skills. We didn't even loose a match...
I love you all!
Vamos Chilenos!
Hermana VandeMewe

No comments:

Post a Comment