Friday, August 30, 2002

August 12

Just another manic Monday...wish it was Sunday, that´s my fun day.
Actually Sundays are quite crazy too. Yesterday I made some great music on a door and we sang leventase y brilla y da dios su gloria gloria outside of a house to wake up our investigators but we ended up just waking up everybody but them. I would say there´s always next week but what if there´s not??? Your salvation is at stake here people!! Wake UP! 
We had quite the week. My companion is awesome! She´s optimistic and loves to make up songs throughout the day with me about how the water´s freezing and I don´t have conditioner. Okay actually that was my song in the shower one day but she just continues it til our song is complete. She also brought to my attention how crazy our sector is and I guess I´ve never told you all the details. So maybe I´ll give you more today. 
I´m in the most ¨flighty¨ place as they say it here for sisters but it´s better for sisters because we´re more respected-- HA! Hate to see what it would be like for the Elders. Pretty much just rough/gang is what it means. We´re also prohibited from going to about half of our sector after dark so that´s after six and we usually don´t have a lesson before 5 so there´s a window of opportunity! I don´t have any pictures cause I’m also prohibited from pulling out my camera. But really I love it. I get the whole missionary experience. Soaking wet when buses drive by and splash us with water again. Running from dogs. And okay this is the part that isn´t true... they always show the missionaries smiling helping people carry in their groceries- we´re usually walking our drunk investigators back to their houses.  But really we are so protected it´s amazing. This week we were so privileged to be in the right spot at the right time many times in order to find the people who are ready for the gospel! I love that feeling! 
We had a breakfast with the ward missionaries who are pretty much the active youth. I love working with the youth and it´s so fun to have them come with us and knowing that some of them are preparing for their missions! It’s great. They all have preach my gospel so they can help us teach the lessons (which we need desperately). I always think of Tate and Brock getting ready for their missions! I hope you´re preparing now! Remember the Home is the new MTC! 
Talk about needing help with the language In the lessons. We told people that Noah built a bow and that prophets are people who force you to do things. Thank goodness we had a member with us in that lesson. I would tell you the other things we teach when we don´t have a member but... i don´t know. 
The language is actually quite tough for me. I still don´t understand much and I feel like I should understand a lot more. Plus usually when I don´t understand a word it´s the same word in English just pronounced different and I just can´t figure it out. LOL!! Or the other day when I could not figure out what aguita was.. Haha. Everything is little here so you put "ita" at the end of everything Hence "little water" 
We got a lot of cleaning done the other Monday. Our place was pretty nasty. I don´t think people realize how long some things have been there because no one has been there for long. People are always in and out and don´t realize that there are water bottles that have been under the sink not just for the few months that you´re there but for years and years. lol. So we´re a little bit cleaner. That´s nice. It´s also helpful having a gringa to help with that. Try telling 3 Latinas that you can´t just paint over mold...
So we heard of some missionaries being robbed on the same day that our lock suspiciously broke. lol So we moved al lof the couches and a matrress in front of the door and then made a nice obstacle course of dirty dishes and shoes so we would hear them making a ruckus if anything happened. LOL. Don´t worry nothing happened. 
We had a zone conference on Tuesday to tell us that we aren´t doing anything right and we need to change. Truth of the matter is the numbers are really down in all of the mission but we´re trying to change what we´re doing wrong. Sometimes it´s hard to pinpoint that thing but once you do, you´re set. 
I´m loving the mission and super super happy!



LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment