Friday, August 30, 2002

August 19

HOLA!
 I can´t print anything today so I might spend more time at the end so I can read something from you guys! I hope your week was a GREEAAAT one and that you ate some frosted flakes. There are some Golden Crips here that I buy. They´re really good they´re like frosted flakes but coated in gold instead of silver. 
This week we saw a man worshiping his eggs and I had to talk to church yesterday. Yes I had to. I still don´t see that as a privilege. Sometimes I feel like elder gro... in the other side of heaven when everyone is holding back their laughter with pinched lips. lol. 
We had a promise from the president that if we prayed with real intention and really wanted to find a family that Thursday we could find a family. Thursday was a holiday here. For nothing. No one really knows why they have it but no one has school or work so we prayed and I must admit I was pretty excited to leave the door that day because I knew we would find a family.  So first stop, lunch! We had lunch with someone we usually don´t. She is a recent convert but also inactive. Her family are nonmembers and what do you know? They were all there and we had lunch together and they said that we could come back and we could talk more! Wooh! I was stoked. We had already found a family. I thought, “That felt great. Let´s go do it again. So what did we do? We searched and went to houses that I knew had families and what happened? We found another. That´s right! But that´s not all, before the night was over we tried with another and what do you know? 3 FAMILIES IN ONE DAY! Go big or GO HOME!!!
Our ward is great and always comes with us. One of the counselors of the bishopric was with us we picked him up at like 9:15 at night and walked to our appointment obviously late and simply but intensely taught our lesson in 10-15 min and then he ran home with us! lol! What support. It was really funny actually. I was expecting him to just keep walking while we ran but no he just ran right along side us and we closed the door at 945. whatup.
We also had one of the AP´s come with us. They are allowed to come solo without a companion. Usually about 2 times we have our district leaders or zone leaders come with us. Really I hate it when the elders come with us but whatever.... 

So the Chile mail system is on strike which is a bummer cause I have letters to mail to you but I can´t. Also as of right now we aren´t receiving mail but we are receiving packages. Also everybody gets packages. I can´t imagine it lasting very long
My new address
castellon 1063
casilla 3560
concepcion,biobio
chile
Okay I have 3 minutes to read your letters! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Does school start this week? Good luck!!!!! You´re always in my prayers that you will get good grades so make my prayers come true boys!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment