Sunday, August 11, 2002

July 29

Guess who´s done with training? Ya that´s right! I´m staying in this sector but receiving a new companion. I´m so excited to be staying here because we have so many great investigators right now! AND yesterday we had a FAMILY in the church!!! That is just great for us! They are going to be great. I think they´re pretty much ready but we have to give them a date. The dad is a little rougher around the edges so we´re going to have to work to make sure that they all know that this is the only true church. Oh and they´re not married but I told them that I love planning weddings and so that part is obviously already planned. The baptism was planned before the foundation of this earth so really we just need to put these things into action. I´m excited.
We also have another family that we are just starting to teach. We haven’t had the opportunity to teach them all together. One time was the dad then second time the mom and the third time the kids but they are all interested and have mentioned the death of their grandma so I’m excited to teach them about the plan of salvation! Nothing like a death in the family to bring everlasting happiness found through the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Miguel and Irene are a great couple of about 60´s. I think they´re ready too but he wants to make sure because he´s already been baptized 2 times. Ha-ha! That reminds me of our other investigators who are great too but we´ve been teaching them for the 3 months I’ve been here. They´re hard to find and we usually only teach them once a week but they want the gospel in their life anyway.... the dad is like, Ya I think I’m already a member. I was baptized into all the churches. LOL!

So pretty much life is fantastic here in the marina (the name of my sector) I´ve found a new faith in the last two weeks and look at the fruit.... aaahhh! But now´s the scary part--- you just never want to teach your investigators the commandments ha-ha. Just praying that they have a strong enough faith in the other things that you´ve taught them to understand the importance. 
My new companion`s name is Hermana Boman. That’s right. Another gringa! We´ll see how that goes! Oh and today. The two Peruvians in my house made food from Peru. Spicy! Yummy!
I love you all so much! 
True to the Faith that My Parents Have Cherished,

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment