Friday, November 8, 2002

Novermber 4

Whew! Good week. We found some new investigators. Put down some baptism dates and had a party for Halloween! Now on actual Halloween (or night of witches) we decided to fast… we didn’t realize that until after. lol. No we didn’t have any candy to eat anyway. So now I can answer your questions as to what they do on Halloween. They do leave the house and go trick or treating but not very many and everyone knows it’s very American. I think the missionaries brought it down a while back. And that's about it. We saw the kids in their costumes trick or treating. Not many people let us in..haha. They have like Halloween things to buy in the stores but it's not a huge thing. And a lot of people don't celebrate it because they are Christian. so... naturally since we aren't we had a great party at the church. Many people think it’s kind of a dark holiday plus it's also kind of like their memorial day so they all go to the cemetery (not however like day of the dead). One of the Hermanas found some costumes so we were all princesses. I was Fiona from Shrek. That was fun and then we played a good round of musical chairs and pop the balloon and wrap the mummy.
 The letter from the boys was great! It made me laugh. Especially brock's giggle. I miss your little giggle brock! LOL! I’m giggling just thinking about it and the word giggle. Giggle.
I wear boots all winter. That’s why it’s just becoming a problem this whole shoe thing... the boots lasted until just in time and I plan on taking them to a little shoe fixer down the street so they’re ready for next winter. hehe. Whoever thought I'd take my payless boots to a zapatia.
 LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Enjoy the holiday season!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment