Thursday, December 19, 2002

November 11


WAHOO! I just got an email saying that the ground for the Concepcion temple will be broken in the next upcoming months (don't have a date for it yet) YAYA!! That is going to be amazing!! I was hoping that I could be here for that! Sadly I’m not close to Concepcion at the moment but you never know where I might be at the time or if I can travel there. That is really really good good news and real proof that the work is progressing!

So we are teaching Marcelino. He is 75ish and just adorable. He doesn't remember a lot so we have to teach him really slowly but he wants to be baptized so he can follow the Savior and keep coming to church.
We are also teaching Jaquelene who is awesome... she just has to get married. Haha. Classic last words...
We also haven't been able to find Hector again because he travels a lot to family but we'll keep trying. Same with Luis y Lorena.
  We haven't moved yet... The lady was taking too long to get the house ready and so we decided we didn't like it and then the Elders that approved it told us that they didn't really feel good about it... Thank you elders for letting us move into an unsecure area. Anyways. Our landlord is building another apartment thing that is going to be bigger. We just have to wait until January. So. I will be moving in January. ... Hopefully.
 Elder Reyes is doing well. His operation went well and he'll be back in2 weeks but he gets to go to the temple like every day so he's fine.
We want to do a Thanksgiving for the branch... oh. I just remembered we put a talent show for that weekend... i guess i probably won't have turkey. I haven't even seen turkey here... huh. Interesting. I guess I’ll have to look so i can at least have a turkey sandwich. I don't know how to say turkey in Spanish...


Hope all is well!!! I love you all so much! Have a great trip!


Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment