Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 17, 2014

Guess who moved this week?  It’s big and cute and we have all learned from our experience.
 So this week has been interesting. I haven't worked much in my own sector. On Tuesday we had an intercambio with the sisters in our own home so I was with Hermana Leon and we worked here but visiting their people and with her as my companion. And we had one of the Asistentes with us. There's always something you can learn from everyone! And I learned that day a lot about the missionary I want to be and how to really lose yourself in the work.
Wednesday we took a trip down to Loncoche to do an attack de distrito. Lonchoche is the furthest sector south of our mission and they only have Elders there. We had fun working there, it’s similar to Pitrufquen and hopefully we found some good new prospects for the Elders. We tried to take pictures of Volcan Villarika but it didn't really show up in the camera.
Thursday we had an intercambio with all the sisters in the south. I went to Maquehue again and had a good time there. I taught an English class the peanut butter and jelly song and gave them the homework to try making a sandwich. Because no one here likes peanut butter but I think they just don’t' eat it right.
Friday we finished off our intercambios with a reunion in the morning and breakfast (eggs) and then we decided that we needed to move that day because we told the other renter that we would be out of the house. So all of a sudden we were moving and packing up. It took all day long. The elders came and helped us so there were 6 of us and I have no idea what we have but wow. It took forever. Like the whole afternoon. The new renters helped us move with their truck and by the end we were all very smelly but it was the birthday of Berta ... the little girl and you all got to know on Christmas. And she invited us all individually to her party. So we all got there just a little few hours late and very gross. I gave her a HLJ ring and put it in that cupcake that you sent to me for Christmas! She loved it! It was just a short time but I loved the family atmosphere as all of the missionaries gave her a present and we ate cake and I realized how much I have come accustom to Pitrufquen. I love everyone here and have passed so many experiences starting with 18 de septiembre, Christmas, New Year’s, birthdays, and needless to say. I LOVE PITRUFQUEN! So that is my standing shoutout as next week we will most likely see changes.
That night we just pushed our mattresses together and had a slumber party. The morning Saturday we started moving everything around  putting things where they should go and set up the beds and tables. Then we left for the day and witnessed 2 baptisms in the afternoon. One from the sisters and one from the Elders. I love watching my brothers come up out of the water perfectly clean and converted to the Lord. That night we all entered the house. Happily talking about the baptism and sat down on our couches and chairs that the renters were so kind to give us (this house is so great. a living, 3 bedrooms and a large kitchen- well room where the sink and wood stove are) and then all of a sudden we realized that we were covered in pulgas (fleas!)... Ew. Our house is a plague of pulgas. And seeing as that it's older and made of wood, the cracks make a great place for bugs to love. And so. Our day today is devoted to cleaning like crazy and probably fulmegando the entire house.
Mom! Thanks for all you do for me even from so far away! I miss you and will think of all of those Saturdays cleaning in the house as I   kill pulga after pulga today. It was all just a preparation.... signs of a good mom. That's right Chile! I came here prepared! Watch out pulgas!
 Tell Haley and Sierra Hi and I love them and that the Lord loves them to!
 Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment