Thursday, April 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

It’s time to say goodbye
 ... da da da da da da da daaaa.....

Let's ditch this Popsicle stand. I'm going to San Martin. I'm excited for a change. I feel like I know a lot here in Pitrufquen which is sometimes great but sometimes it's good to go somewhere else as well. There are some things I'm going to miss though like having the kids on the streets run up to get hand sanitizer and having the people working at the taxi know who we are and saying "Balmaceda 791 para las Hermanas" before even asking a name. Then there's the great Rama. The members that do so much, the activities and spirit of the work. Yesterday we sang as missionaries the musical number that is only in Spanish but it's my favorite (pg 88 sav y rich) and almost started crying when we sang oh hermanos adios pues adios. But I didn't. ha-ha. I'm happy for the change to be true. My new companion will be Hermana Anderson another native Utahan.

This week I learned a lot about how the Lord really puts us where he needs us and how he puts the people that need us in our path. I went to Gorbea for a day to do an intercambio. I absolutely loved it because well one it's absolutely beautiful, and two because it was something that at first was hard for me to do because I had contradicting feelings of two things that were good. But I know that the Lord provides a way for everything. God works in mysterious ways to bring about what he wants. I know that it's important to follow the council of our leaders. That they are there for a reason and that God gives them the revelation that we need. And even if not we will be blessed for putting our faith in them. So always listen to the council of your leaders and do what they say even if it doesn't seem logical.

In Gorbea we made prayer rocks with a joven menos activo and found a great newbie and I had a great time working with Hermana Peck.

This week we did a lot of work in Pitrufquen as well and found great new investigators. Sandra is awesome. I know the gospel is going to help her so much and was very receptive to the spirit. I love it when they can realize the felicidad that it brings them in the moment. We also found Nory yesterday who was a little sad because she was mourning the death of her son. We were able to talk to her and it was an instant change from tears of sorrow to a widened eye, edge of her seat smile as we told her that just as Jesus Christ was resurrected we too all will have the chance to be resurrected and live as a family again.

I love the miracles I see every day. I am so happy and know that Christ lives. That he died so that we can live. I know that everything happens for a reason. I know that if we are living righteously the spirit will guide us. Sometimes I'm amazed at how we as missionaries can know exactly the needs or the words we should say before the people tell us. Some would say "oh I’m really good at reading people" but I know that it has nothing to do with any of our own talent as all of our talents come from and are strengthened in the Lord.

Sav and Richard! I can't believe you're in Mexico! I'm so excited to read all about it! That is going to be a great experience! Try not to get a Mexican accent... lol. I'm just kidding. It's probably better than a Chilean accent. (Personally I like the Chilean mumbles but... you might beg to differ)

Tate! Thanks for your letter! I'm dying to read it! The other day there was a song and I can't remember what it was or if it was Spanish or English but it made me think of you because I know it's one of those songs that you would sing along to with me. And I missed you there for a sec.

Brock. You won't believe what we found in my house. .... A little trap door. (You’ll know where to find me) it's like a cellar in the olden days where you lift up the ground and go down a ladder. It will be good use for the prophesied earth quake that's coming soon.... oh the way God works, always preparing the way.

I love you!

Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment