Thursday, July 24, 2014

April 28, 2014

There's a hole in my shoe dear Brockton a hole.
Another week here in the fields of Cañete has proven to be a very strange mixture of events. We almost got someone to come to church on Sunday. Getting people to church is harder than getting people baptized. The problem is they have to go to church to get baptized .We have been having really great lessons and lots of laughter. Yesterday we started laughing so hard at lunch with this Hermana and recently returned missionary son. Hermana Weigle was talking about Arizona and how there is a city called mesa. And suddenly stopped because she thought it was funny there was a city called Table. So I started laughing and then we were both just cracking up because it wasn’t that funny but we thought that it was and meanwhile our hosts are just looking at us like we are crazy so then we just laughed harder and we were just apologizing as they stared at us with straight faces like what are these disgraceful missionaries doing here. They didn't even break a smile. haha. It was pretty dang funny.
Mom I know I’ve thanked you many times for teaching me how to clean but I just wanted to thank you again. Thanks.
I was really cold the other night and I kind of was awake/ had a dream that Tate was there and I asked him to go into the other room and get me a blanket (cause there's more blankets in the other room just like at home ) and then he came back and put it over me and then I fell back to sleep cause I wasn't cold any more. Thanks Tate!
Brock how's seminary? I've never heard anything about that. Who is your teacher?
My companion is always telling me to wait when we are crossing the street. I guess maybe she thinks I’m going to cross without looking or something. It would probably be pretty annoying if it was anyone else but it makes me laugh every time because every time it sounds just like the "wait" from Abe right before he dies. Every time! It’s hilarious.
Also. You all look SO different! Like all of you! I’m a little bit worried I’m not going to know who you are when I get home so therefore I’m initiating something new today. Because I send you guys pictures way more often than I get pictures from you. So I think from now on you should send me pictures every week. And if not every week every other week. Okay? Okay. Good now that we are all agreed, I have one more invitation for all of you as a family.
This invitation comes as I've shared a certain commandment with many of the people I teach that I noticed we could do better living. In 3 Nephi 18:19-21 we learn directly from the Savior the importance of prayer and especially prayer as a family. I know that prayer is a medium for revelation and the way we can invite our Heavenly Father to really be a part of our lives and guide us in every moment. Prayer as a family invites the Savior and Heavenly Father to be a part of our family and not just a part of our personal lives. It opens our front door to allow them to be there alongside us in our home interacting with us and helping us choose the right. I invite you to start family prayer on a regular daily basis so that we as a family can see the blessings of a united prayer and a united family.
To mom and dad and Savannah and Richard I hope you are doing prayers as a couple as well. I have learned to love prayers as a companionship here on the mission. There is nothing better than visualizing the two of us with the same vision kneeling before the feet of the savior in gratitude and to ask him humbly for our "daily bread" and for direction so that we can work in better unity together to bring his children back to his presence.
I love you all and can't wait to talk to you soon where I will be able to make a better "Follow Up" with my invites. :)
To the best family ever,
Hermana VandeMerwe

No comments:

Post a Comment