Thursday, July 24, 2014

May 19, 2014

One Year Older...
And wiser too!

Well. I hope I’m wiser who really knows.
We had transfers today. Hermana Davidson is going to stay with me here in Cañete. So that is going to be great because we killed this week!!!!! Not to mention actually having 3 investigators in the church which for us is a raining miracle. Together with the other missionaries in our branch we had 21 investigators in sacrament meeting! Yay. Killer week.  Tiring but good. I’m super happy hermana Davidson is staying here!
Today we went to a waterfall with the zone which was fun and they all sang happy birthday to me. In English and in Spanish. I missed the Dutch though.
This week we found a bunch of new houses that I didn't know were part of our sector and I was just so thrilled! We prayed about where we should go and there we went and there we found a man who came to church and has a fecha to be baptised! We also had Lea in the church who is hard core Native Chilean Indian. But she lives in our sector and came to church! I hope we can help her out a little bit as her situation is absolutely crazy. I’ve never  seen someone in such anguish in all of my mission. But that will change.
We also contacted this lady who well. First we passed because she was like on the other side of this street thing but she was looking at us and we kept looking back at her and then we finally went to talk to her. She talked to us like we knew her or she had talked to missionaries before but when we asked her she said she had never seen missionaries before but she was just so thrilled to talk to us and gave us huge hugs goodbye and started crying. It was actually quite a spiritual moment as I have no other way to explain it because we didn't do much but be. We are going to try to go find her tonight.
I'm very thankful for all of the pictures. Really you guys all look just so the samely different. Mom well she looks great. And I like sav's long hair. And brock looks like he's 14 and Tate looks like he's like 17.
I love you all! I’m going to go read your letters now because I was so lucky to have one from ALL OF YOU!
Hermana VandeMerwe
Ps don't forget to pray as a family tonight and tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment